Lighthouse Steps is a fun, modern quilt design that's great for this quilt along. the design uses 2 1/2" strip packs or jelly rolls, along with a background and contrasting background.
It was fun to see this quilt made in Island Batik's Painted Blossoms line and featured on the cover of their fall/winter line catalog! So that's what we'll use for inspiration.
All the details will be on Kate's blog - so follow along, and sign up for the quilt along newsletter so you don't miss a thing. The first blog post shares more quilt along info, tips for choosing fabrics, and the blog and quilt along schedule. Take a look right now!!
To get started, here are links to the patterns and fabrics:
Lighthouse Steps Quilt Along blog posts:
- Feb 5, 2021 Quilt Along intro with details, newsletter sign up, fabric amounts and tips on choosing fabric colors
- March 5, 2021 Post #1 - Fabric and color placement. Things you need to know before you start cutting strips! And here is Kate's video on color placement.
- March 12, 2021 Post #2 - Cutting tips, plus tips to keep your strips organized as you go along. Here's a video Kate made to go along with the post.
- March 19, 2021 Post #3 - Let's start piecing the rows! Watching that 1/4" seam, planning the setup and chain-piecing the blocks - your quilt starts to take shape. Take a look at this video for more tips on getting a good 1/4" seam.
- March 26, 2021 Post #4 - Sew along as Kate puts the rows together to get the quilt top completed. Tips on organizing, pinning and sewing technique to keep the rows together just the way you want them.
- April 9, 2021 Post #5 - Kate wraps up the quilt along with tips on borders, quilting and binding. How did you do? Post photos of you quilt on our Facebook page or on Instagram and tag Kate @seamslikeadreamquilts